Methven Heliskiing's ski and snowboard packages include multi-day heliski trips, and private charter heliskiing. The standard heliski package features 5 incredible runs in New Zealand's Southern Alps.
Operating Dates: 01 July to 30 September 2017
"Perfect" 5-run Day
The standard Methven Heliski day in New Zealand's Arrowsmiths is anything but ordinary... The "Perfect" heli ski package includes 5 runs, averaging 750-1,000 vertical metre drops.
Price: NZ$1,075 per person
- 5 heliskiing runs
- Professional heliski guide services
- Generous picnic lunch
- Safety equipment, including avalanche transceivers
- Return transfers from Methven to Glenfalloch Station helipad (if required)
Extra Runs Always Available
Extra Runs NZ$110 each
Extra runs are flexible and low-cost. Great if you want to maximise your vertical. Enquire when booking.
Methven Heli Highlights
We have exclusive access to our amazing territory in the Arrowsmith and Ragged Ranges. Our focus is on safety, great service, and small group sizes.
- 3 mountain ranges
- Over 250 named runs
- Heliski terrain for intermediate thru expert skiers and riders
- “In your face” views along the Southern Alps to Mount Cook
- View the Pacific Ocean and Tasman Sea ( both coasts of NZ's South Island) from the top of at least 2 runs
Weekly Packages for Multi-day Guests
On request, for multi-day guests we offer a discount on the standard daily heliski rate. You can close your bill at the end of the week. This lets our guests enjoy other activities, without being "pressured" into a set heliski program.
We operate only with fine weather, so the number of flying days varies every week. For a 7 day period we expect at least 4 days flying. As these packages are custom made. Talk to us to discuss your options →
Private Charter Heli Skiing
Methven Heliski is NZ's heliskiing private charter specialist. We offer you the best possible service.
Our heliski territory features the South Island's widest range of heli ski terrain - runs for beginner heli-skiers and boarders, through to experts.
The Advantages | Private Charter Heli-skiing
For serious heliski addicts, private charter heliskiing lets you maximise your daily vertical.
- Exclusive use of the helicopter
- Freedom to roam
- Freedom to ski/board as much, or as little, as you want
- Take advantage of early or late clearances in storms - fresh pow!
- You can heliski from Methven to Mount Cook
Pricing is based on:
- Helicopter fee - calculated on a time used basis
- Guide fee - calculated on a guide/per-day rate
- Maximum ratio of 1 guide to 5 clients
- We may assign 2 guides depending on conditions and terrain