Heliskiing is not just for the experts. Any reasonably fit and confident skier or snowboarder can experience the thrill of skiing and riding in the big mountains.
We have 4 roughly defined 'ability' levels. A good level of fitness, confidence, and a "go for it" attitude are all important.
Where do you fit in?
Level One Heliskier
- Can confidently ride/ski Blue runs at a ski area.
- May have no heliskiing experience.
- May have no powder snow experience.
Level 2 Heliskier
- Can confidently ride/ski Black runs at a ski area
- May have no powder snow experience
- Have some heliski experience in intermediate terrain.
Level 3 Heliskier
- May not have heli-skied, but can ride/ski Double Black runs at a ski area in powder snow
- Experienced heli-skier - will ride/ski 5 to 10 (800 metre) runs per day
Level 4 Heliskier
- Can ride/ski any terrain
- Very experienced heli-skier. Will ride 10 or more (1,000 metre) runs per day